Mattel Accountant in Greece
At Mattel, our vision is_ Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood_. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees whoDARE to be innovative, andTHRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping themGROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture ofBALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employeesLEAD by example in all that they do!
As an industry leader, Mattel Greece prides itself on being led by its people in the dynamic fast moving consumer goods industry. We look for people that are excited by a challenge, want to be rewarded for performance and who are motivated to make things happen.
At Mattel, we inspire wonder in the next generation to shape a brighter tomorrow. We create the experiences that capture kids’ hearts, open their minds and unlock their potential through play. By fostering a culture of entrepreneurialism, we encourage everyone to channel their inner garage spirit, challenge the status quo and let kids inspire endless creativity. We balance speed and agility with having fun, winning together, and achieving bold goals. All this, in a respectful environment where we celebrate every voice, everywhere!
For our Mattel office in Greece we are looking for a temporary fulltime:
In this position, you willcover a maternity leave for a 9 months’ period supporting our Greek accounting team. The position will is located in Athens, Greece.
Your Primary responsibilities will be to manage;
- General ledger activities for assigned Business Units
- Journal entry processing
- VAT, taxes, reconciliation & reporting
- Account analysis and Sub ledger reconciliations
- G/L interfaces are properly run
- Payroll accounting for assigned Business Units
- Produce the quarterly and year end reporting
- Review, evaluate and recommend improvements on controls
Internal and external audit support if requested Major on-going complexities that the position faces on a regular basis:
Excellent implementation (efficiency, on time, on budget, on quality)
- Maintain collaborate relations with cluster teams
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor degree in Finance and Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting or financial analysis
- Fluent in English
- Excellent skills in MS Excel 2010
- Strong analytical skill
- Oracle experience is a plus
- US GAAP experience is a plus
- Good time and project management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Accurate, dedicated, flexible What do we have to offer? We offer a competitive salary. In our office in Greece we provide a fun, engaging and fast-paced working environment, where we make decisions very quickly and where creativity and teamwork is the core of our culture. We believe that as our employees grow professionally, so will Mattel. We grow through diverse learning opportunities that elevate our knowledge, skills and aspirations. Right from the beginning, our employees have the opportunity to take responsibility for interesting projects and various challenging tasks. We work with passion but also take time to play a game with our colleagues. The dress code at Mattel is business casual - every day.
How to apply: Do you see yourself as a match for this job? Then we look forward to your application! *Please make sure to clearly motivate your application in English *to help us gain a deeper understanding of how your background, ambition and personality fits to this role and in which aspects you still find a challenge for yourself.
ABOUT US Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Title: Accountant
Requisition Number: 180701
Zip Code: 167 77
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Strategic Planning